Thursday, May 26, 2011

Braised Duck With Beancurd Stick ~ 腐竹鸭








Braised duck is one of my hubby's favourite dish. My mother in-law used to cook this dish during CNY Eve ( 初夕). Unfortunately i don't have any chance to try on this delicious Cantonese style cuisine as my mother in-law fall sick after we newly married. Since then, maid will handle all the cooking...
My hubby really missed it ! Upon his request i try my best to cook him " fu chook ngap " according to my mother in-law's recipe.
Actually this dish is quite easy as long you able to find a quality "nam yue" ( 南乳) fermented beancurd. Perhaps this little ingredient will make your " fu chook ngap" taste fantastic and super duper good.. According to my hubby , my mother in-law will only used " nam yue " from a hawker stall at Riffle Range, Air Itam.
Luckily my culinary skill able to meet the standard same as my mother in-law. hehe...Every one enjoyed the "fu chook ngap" very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...